CCT Venues is one of London’s leading conference, meetings and training venue specialists, with four modern venues in easy-to-reach locations in Central London and Canary Wharf. We’re an independent business offering great London conference rooms, training rooms and meeting rooms for a variety of business events. Our high-quality bespoke training and London event spaces have all the facilities you need, while our in-house catering team provides delicious meals and refreshments. But above all, we’re known for our excellent service. Whenever you visit us, you’re sure of a warm welcome and we’ll work with you to make your conference or training event a success.
1. Promoting sound environmental management policies and practices throughout CCT Venues;
2. Ensuring that team members are adequately trained;
3. Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation;
4. Ensuring we are efficient and environmentally responsible in our use of energy and water;
5. Consistently monitoring waste production to reduce our waste production and reuse/recycle wherever possible;
6. Maintaining our venues in an environmentally friendly way;
7. Carrying out regular environmental audits of all of our venues and business practices and implementing changes where necessary/possible;
8. Committing to a sustainable purchasing policy that gives preference to environmentally friendly suppliers and products;
9. Reviewing and if necessary, revising this statement and policy on a regular basis.
Awards and accreditations
• Platinum IACC Green Star accreditation 2019– one of only 3 venues in the UK to have achieved this international award for environmental best practice in the meetings industry.
• Recognised in the Clean City Awards (presented by City of London) almost every year since 2008. Winning one Merit, two Gold and seven Platinum accolades – plus the sought-after Chairman’s Cup in 2016
• First Mile Recycling Standard Gold Award 2018 for one of our City venues
Examples of specific actions:
• Use electronic signatures where possible, to avoid wasting paper. In January 2020, electronic signs were introduced at CCT Venues - Smithfield.
• A ‘switch off policy’ for all electronics, lights and equipment. Computers across the business automatically shut down if accidentally left on standby in the evenings.
• Biodegradable products in our food services area rather than items that would go into landfill.
• Recycle bins freely available in all areas.
• Electronic registration rather than paper.
• Previewing documents instead of printing. Printed materials have been removed from management meetings in 2019.
• New policies in 2020 to reduce use of note pads, pens and flip charts in venues, through the increased provision of whiteboards and less easy access to doodle pads.
• Food wastage targets are even more stringent, with 2020 targets set to achieve our lowest ever waste.
• Bio-degradable pens are being rolled out across the business, replacing single use plastic.
• We have also removed all forms of single-use plastic from our venues,
• Disposable cups have been removed from the business.
• 2020 has also seen the introduction of recycling of all coffee waste in Canary Wharf.
4 locations Docklands , Canary Wharf, Barbican and Smithfield