15Hatfields tells an infectious story of an unrelenting commitment to sustainable causes. Situated in London’s South Bank area, it is one of the UK’s most sustainable events venues, passionate about challenging the industry’s approach to environmental issues and championing ground-breaking initiatives.
Since 15Hatfields’ doors opened in 2008, a pioneering spirit for a more sustainable future has been at the core of the award-winning venue, named as the UK’s most sustainable conference and event venue and the first in the UK to receive certification of the NQA Sustainable Development Management Scheme.
Offering 16 accessible, flexible, stylish and light events spaces alongside state-of-the art AV facilities, the centrally located venue can host up to 500+ delegates for meetings, launches, conferences and private dinners.
The venue’s meeting rooms and conference facilities capture the innovation and eco-driven passion of its general manager Warren Campbell and his events team. Upon entering the building, every architectural element has a story to tell, from an accessible reception desk made from recycled detergent bottles, to window-seat cushion covers crafted out of recycled car seatbelts in the venue’s iconic colour scheme. A fully adaptable series of stylish event spaces, each named after earthly elements, can be utilised for meetings, conferences and private events, booked separately, or in conjunction with one another. They offer pioneering AV facilities including the fastest internet speeds of any purpose-built conference venue in London, to allow worldwide streaming and optional HD videoconferencing for hybrid events.
• Where possible, all electrical equipment is triple-A-rated
• Electricity is certified to be from 100% renewable sources
• The lights in the washrooms and the kitchen are all motion-sensitive, saving energy when they’re not in use
• All of the spotlights are LED bulbs. These have a 25,000 hour light life and use more than 10 times less energy than halogen bulbs
• Solar panels on the roof provide over 90% of the hot water required for the building’s needs
• Linen supplier, Johnsons Stalbridge Linen Services, has won awards for the measures it has taken towards reducing the amount of energy and water it uses.
• Have a comprehensive recycling policy with compartmentalised bins located throughout the venue and the building
• Spray taps and dual flush toilets located in the washrooms reduce the amount of water wasted
• Any food waste is collected and is passed through an ORCA machine for anaerobic digestion, creating renewable, sustainable energy instead of sending food to landfill
• The venue’s partner recycling company guarantees that 100% of recycling waste is recycled, with any non-recyclable waste going into the local carbon capture energy recovery plant in Deptford.
• Registered with Terracycle which recycle waste that is usually non-recyclable.
• Event catering partners, Eden Caterers, are based nearby and also have sustainability at their core. All of their food is seasonal, and ethically and (where possible) locally sourced
• Clear polyethylene terephthalate film wrap has been replaced with biodegradable Polylactic Acid film made from renewable resources such as sugar cane and corn starch
• Water is bottled onsite in reusable glass bottles using 15Hatfields’ own UV filtration and carbonation system
• Part of the Sustainable Fish City Pledge, aiming for London to become the first ever sustainable fish city and adopt a sustainable fish policy
• Part of the Food Legacy Pledge to transform the food system to be safer, healthier and more sustainable
• Committed to the FOG mission statement, aiming to protect the environment from pollution caused by Fats, Oils and Grease
Awards and qualifications
• All staff are environmentally aware and have achieved Level 2 in the CIEH course for Environmental Principles and Best Practice
• Awarded the ISO 14001 certification in 2013. ISO 14001 is a framework of control for an Environmental Management System and means that 15Hatfields is now fully internationally compliant.
• 15Hatfields was the first business to achieve the NQA award for our Sustainable Management System
• Awarded the Gold Green Tourism Award in 2016
• Highly Commended for ‘Best Sustainable Initiative’ in the National Conference Awards for the ‘Save the bees, go wild and sow your seeds’ campaign, where more than two million wildflower seeds were given away
Chadwick Court, London, SE1 8DJ